- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
LessonsFromHeroes.com collects the following data:
- Device identifiers, such as cookies;
- Device information, such as hardware and software settings;
- IP addresses and log information, such as your device’s name, the type and version of your web browser, and referrer addresses that can function to identify a user device; and
- Tracking information that we collect, or that third parties collect.
- Media – if you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide LessonsFromHeroes.com with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Send a contact email using the contact form.
- Use or view the website via your browser’s cookies.
LessonsFromHeroes.com does not itself collect or store personally identifiable information except that which you submit to the site yourself via contact forms, comment forms, and registration.
How will we use your data?
LessonsFromHeroes.com collects data so that we can:
- Respond to emails that you send via the contact form.
- Non-personally identifiable information is used to track and analyse site usage date for business purposes.
How do we store your data?
LessonsFromHeroes.com securely stores your data sent by email on our mail server.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What are your data protection rights?
LessonsFromHeroes.com would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access– You have the right to request LessonsFromHeroes.com for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification– You have the right to request that LessonsFromHeroes.com correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request LessonsFromHeroes.com to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure– You have the right to request that LessonsFromHeroes.com erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing– You have the right to request that LessonsFromHeroes.com restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing– You have the right to object to LessonsFromHeroes.com’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability– You have the right to request that LessonsFromHeroes.com transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact form: https://LessonsFromHeroes.com/contact/.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, LessonsFromHeroes.com or third parties may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- LessonsFromHeroes.com uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected cookie preferences. This is to prevent you from having to opt in or out every time you load a page on the site.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the website allaboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. You can also opt in or out to cookies and web beacons on this site with the following menu: Cookie settings.
If you do this, however, some of our website features may not function as a result. This will primarily be embedded content from third parties, for example embedded video content from YouTube would likely not function.
Privacy policies of other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, product information etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you opt out of non-necessary cookies in the Cookie settings you will not be shown this third-party embedded content, so you will not be exposed to the cookies and other tracking methods employed by the third party. However, you will also not be able to view the embedded content itself.
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that LessonsFromHeroes.com has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/